Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Disclaimer

This is not a chapter.

I just wanted to explain a few things about how I write.

First of all, I am not very good at character development.  You'll notice that the dialogue does not reveal much about the personalities or characters of Ashira, Malimu, or Salam.  

Second, this is NaNoWriMo.  Editing is highly DIScouraged.  Editing slows a writer down, and this is a time to get the novel down and out.  So, spelling errors, plot holes, lack of detail, etc., are just part of the experience.

Third, I am writing the main pieces of music that are featured in each chapter of the book. For example, Salam's ballad in the garden of the inn at Barath is actually already put to music.  Arthoir's farewell flute solo to his daughter that explains her past will also be written at a later date.  

Forth, go ahead and comment.  IDK who is reading this, but say what you'd like, even constructive criticism.  Try to be nice, though; I'd prefer not to get too discouraged to finish before the end of the month.


Here is a preview of the latest song, 'Camenian Lullaby', that is featured in Chapter 6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ry7xqudtf4du3ec

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, you don't know me. But your blog popped up on my gmail, as one I might be interested in. I noticed that one of your posts said NaNoWriMo, so I looked. I read your story so far and think it is a fantastic story! I'm enjoying it and hungry for more. I love NaNoWriMo and am also writing a story for it. I just made a blog to post my story. It's going to take a while to get it up so I'm glad I read your story while mine is loading. It was a privilege to read your story. I look forward to more(if you don't mind me reading)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cool! Thanks for reading :). Go ahead and post a link to your blog if you'd like; I'll add it to my list. Glad and pleased somebody is reading, haha.

      Delete